To spice things up, we decided to post 20 random facts. Some have historical relevance, others are about the food we eat every day. Either way, you can use these facts as conversation starters!
1. The strongest muscle in proportion to its size in the human body, is the tongue.
2. The strongest creature on earth is the dung beetle, being able to carry 1141 times their weight.
3. The Statue of Liberty was a gift from France to the U.S. It also has a copper exterior and was originally brown. Due to oxidization, it has changed into the colour we see it as today.
4. There is a tree called the Fruit Salad Tree that bears 3-7 different kinds of fruit (all within the same family)
5. Tomatoes have more genes than humans
6. Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia is the scientific term for brain freeze
7. Cheese is the most stolen food in the world!
8. If Facebook was a country, they would have the largest population in the world
9. A group of jellyfish is called a smack
10. There are more than 400 distinct phobias recognized by psychologists
11. When Charlie Chaplin received his Oscar, he got a 12-minute standing ovation, the longest in Oscar history.
12. More people in the world own a mobile phone, than a toothbrush
13. The average person unlocks his or her smartphone 110 times each day
14. A snail can sleep for 3 years
15. The average car has 30, 000 parts!
16. The King of Hearts is the only King in a deck of cards without a moustache
17. A cat’s tail contains roughly 10% of all the bones in its body.
18. A song that gets stuck in your head is called an earworm.
19. All of the swans in England are property of the Queen.
20. Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
There you have it! Be sure to share some of your random facts with us as well on Twitter and Facebook