Customer Service Associate – PenguinPickUp – Toronto, ON
Title: Customer Service Associate
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Department: Penguin Pick-Up (PPU)
Position Type: Part-Time
As a Customer Service Associate you are tasked to provide customers with an exceptional experience by quickly and efficiently attending to their orders and ensuring they leave our store satisfied every time. Part of this process includes ensuring all orders are received and organized in a timely manner such that they are easily and quickly accessible to anyone on staff to be able to immediately service our customers.
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving and organizing deliveries as per the work instructions;
- Servicing the customer at their vehicles;
- Notifying clients that packages are ready for pick up;
- Responding to customer’s email inquiries and issues in a timely manner;
- Tracking & reporting key statistics as requested;
- Helping courier drivers with incoming deliveries;
- Processing sales for outgoing packages using POS terminal;
- Maintaining a clean and safe physical environment including but not limited to shoveling snow, salting and general clean up;
- Following all processes as outlined the by the Penguin Pick-Up Handbook;
- Business to Business marketing and cold calling to help promote Penguin Pick-Up brand and service;
- Work towards achieving individual and unit sales targets;
- Organize, clean and straighten shelves, products and signage;
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum a High School Diploma or equivalent, or currently in process;
- Additional designation/certification is an asset.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience delivering exceptional customer service;
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in sales; promoting products and services;
- Maintain a positive attitude when faced with difficult situations;
- Enjoy working in a team environment or on your own;
- Must be organized and able to multitask and prioritize workload;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with people of all levels;
- Must be willing and able to work shift work and work overtime as per operational demands;
- Must be willing and able to work shift work and work overtime as per business demands;
- Must be computer literate and comfortable operating and understanding new technologies;
- Experience in cold calling, marketing or cross promoting is an asset;
- Must be at least 19 years of age to handle packages from online cannabis retailers;
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
- Must be able to work in varied outdoor temperatures and sustain physical activity levels over time, being able to lift, up to 50 lbs, squatting, standing for a prolonged period and walking throughout shift, and wear safety shoes throughout the shift, adhering to all Health and Safety requirements;
- Must be willing and able to wear the required uniform;
- Maintain a clean, and presentable appearance at all times.
Penguin Pick-Up Associates are Client Focused. We know that our clients are very busy, and we strive to make our clients experience as Convenient and easy as possible. We believe that Team Work is the only way we will be able to deliver our consistent world class service at every Penguin Pick-Up location.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation