Customer Service Associate – PenguinPickUp – Toronto, ON
Title: Customer Service Associate
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Department: Penguin Pick-Up (PPU)
Position Type: Part Time
Penguin PickUp Hiring Locations in Toronto:
- Queen Street & Abell Street
- Bathurst Street & Adelaide Street
- Church Street & Charles Street (E)
PenguinPickUp is a cutting-edge, e-commerce company offering a network of free, convenient pick-up points for all your online purchases. Since our launch in 2014 we have opened over 100 locations across Canada, many of which feature access to the PenguinPickUp Online Market, where you can shop high quality products, fresh produce and other grocery items.
First impressions count, and we need you to help make them memorable! As a growing organization we are looking for individuals who thrive in a fluid, changing environment and who want to interact with some of the largest retailers in the world. We offer opportunities to gain experience in a variety of areas such as: customer service, e-commerce, sales, marketing, social media, operations and local food.
- Minimum a High School Diploma or equivalent, or currently in process;
- Additional designation/certification is an asset.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience delivering exceptional customer service;
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in sales; promoting products and services;
- Maintain a positive attitude when faced with difficult situations;
- Enjoy working in a team environment or on your own;
- Must be organized and able to multitask and prioritize workload;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with people of all levels;
- Must be willing and able to work shift work and work overtime as per operational demands;
- Must be willing and able to work shift work and work overtime as per business demands;
- Must be computer literate and comfortable operating and understanding new technologies;
- Experience in cold calling, marketing or cross promoting is an asset;
- Must be at least 19 years of age to handle packages from OCS;
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
- Must be able to work in varied outdoor temperatures and sustain physical activity levels over time, being able to lift up to 50 lbs, squatting, standing for a prolonged period and walking throughout shift, and wear safety shoes throughout shift, adhering to all Health and Safety requirements;
- Must be willing and able to wear the required uniform.
- Maintain a clean, and presentable appearance at all times.
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving and organizing deliveries as per the work instructions;
- Servicing the customer at their vehicles while maintaining Penguin Pick-Up’s mantra “Every Car, Each Time.”
- Notifying clients that packages are ready for pick up;
- Responding to customer’s email inquiries and issues in a timely manner;
- Tracking & reporting key statistics as requested;
- Helping courier drivers with incoming deliveries;
- Processing sales for outgoing packages using POS terminal;
- Maintaining a clean and safe physical environment including but not limited to shoveling snow, salting and general clean up;
- Following all processes as outlined the by the PenguinPickUp Handbook;
- Business to Business marketing and cold calling to help promote PenguinPickUp brand and service;
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
Penguin Pick-Up Associates are Client Focused. We know that our clients are very busy and we strive to make our client experience as Convenient and easy as possible. We believe that Team Work is the only way we will be able to deliver our consistent world class service at every PenguinPickUp location.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.