|PenguinPickUp combines the ease of online shopping with the convenience of SmartCentres shopping centre locations to offer customers a choice and give people more free time in their lives. SmartCentres believes consumers will find PenguinPickUp a good fit between their desire to buy online and take delivery on their own terms.
Why Work at PenguinPickUp?
PenguinPickUp offers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities.
Employees at PenguinPickUp can expect:
- An exceptional opportunity to shape the online shopping experience of the future
- A commitment to continuous learning and development
- Competitive rewards and recognition programs
- A culture which values and respects employee needs
- An entrepreneurial environment where employees are encouraged to try new things
If you are looking for an opportunity where open communication and teamwork is encouraged, and where you will be recognized and respected as an active leader, look no further than PenguinPickUp.
Title: Customer Service Associate
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Department: PenguinPickUp (PPU)
Position Type: Full Time and Part Time positions available
Shifts: PPU’s are open from 7am-9pm Monday –Friday and 10am-6pm Saturday & Sunday
Location: Toronto, Ontario
To Apply: Submit your resume and a cover letter indicating hours of availability and your preferred shift time.
Providing customers with an exceptional experience by quickly and efficiently loading their orders into their vehicles.
- Minimum a High School Diploma or equivalent, or currently in process;
- Additional designation/certification is an asset.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience delivering exceptional customer service;
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in sales; promoting products and services;
- Maintain a positive attitude when faced with difficult situations ;
- Enjoy working in a team environment or on your own;
- Must be organized and able to multitask and prioritize workload;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with people of all levels;
- Must be willing and able to work shift work and work overtime as per operational demands;
- Must be willing and able to work shift work and work overtime as per business demands;
- Must be computer literate and comfortable operating and understanding new technologies;
- Experience cold calling, marketing or cross promoting is an asset;
- Must be at least 18 years of age in order to handle alcoholic beverage orders;
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
- Must be able to work in varied outdoor temperatures and sustain physical activity levels over time, being able to lift up to 50 lbs, squatting, standing for a prolonged period and walking throughout shift, and wear safety shoes throughout shift, adhering to all Health and Safety requirements;
- Must be willing and able to wear the required uniform;
- Maintain a clean, and presentable appearance at all times.
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving and organizing deliveries as per the work instructions;
- Servicing the customer at their vehicles while maintaining PenguinPick-Up’s mantra;
- Notifying clients that packages are ready for pick up;
- Responding to customer’s email inquiries and issues in a timely manner;
- Tracking & reporting key statistics as requested;
- Maintaining a clean and safe physical environment including but not limited to shoveling snow, salting and general clean up;
- Following all processes as outlined the by the Penguin Pick-Up Handbook;
- Business to Business marketing and cold calling to help promote Penguin Pick-Up brand and service;
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
PenguinPickUp Associates are Client Focused . We know that our clients are very busy and we strive to make our clients experience as Convenient and easy as possible. We believe that Team Work is the only way we will be able to deliver our consistent world class service at every PenguinPickUp location.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time and Full-Time
- High school or equivalent
- Customer Service: 2 years
- Sales: 1 year
Submit your resume to: email@example.com