Title: Project Lead
Reports to: SVP, PenguinPickUp & Penguin Fresh
First impressions count! We need you to make them memorable. PenguinPickUp is a network of free convenient pick-up locations for online purchases and a provider of an online market offering select fresh produce and other grocery items. As the Project Lead, you will be responsible for the overall project management of building out our new stores/locations. The process starts with a signed lease, which is handled by our leasing team and ends with occupancy permit and hand over to operations. Your engagement will be with internal and external partners i.e. design firm, contractors, construction, suppliers, property managers etc.
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage project plans from lease signing until the hand over to operations;
- Be a subject matter expert (SME), applying technical and project management skills and knowledge in the completion of projects;
- Manage key stakeholders, contractors, suppliers, property managers, design firm etc.;
- Collaborate with team members on optimum store layout based on learnings from existing store standards;
- Keep informed of the latest in-store design, technology and in-store experience relevant for our locations;
- Visit stores to assess operating standards and ensure all stores are committed to operating in a safe environment;
- Participate and support new store openings with setup and training;
- Strategically support locations with marketing plans and initiatives;
- Propose and support the implementation of system wide operational initiatives.
Professional, Academic/Education Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in business, hospitality management, or logistics industry.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ project management experience in the retail, fast food or logistics industry delivering exceptional customer service.
- Experience in retail construction, development.
- Possess project management skills to lead each project from concept to production as well as effectively document and manage process evaluation and suggest process improvements.
- Experience in developing strategies to increase sales in local markets.
- A strong working knowledge of MS Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional planning and organizational abilities.
- Ability to analyze data to assess performance and priorities.
- Strong strategic and creative capabilities.
- Highly self-motivated, works well independently and displays a high degree of accountability.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through is vital.
- Willingness to listen, learn and collaborate with key stakeholders (internal and external).
- Ability to multitask and drive to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Proven self-starter with confidence and high energy level.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
The Project Lead must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally. The Project Lead shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests. The Project Lead shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The Project Lead is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Please submit resume to email@example.com