Title: Visual Merchandising Specialist
Reports to: Operations Manager
First impressions count! We need you to make them memorable. PenguinPickUp is a network of free convenient pick-up locations for online purchases and a provider of an online market offering select fresh produce and other grocery items. As the Visual Merchandising Specialist, you will be the driving force behind the overall appearance of the store, the planogram and the product selection by location. You will also make sure that all merchandising and replenishment activities are done according to policy.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Sourcing Category Specialist to source new products and match our product offerings to the demands of the communities in which we operate.
Role and Responsibilities
The Visual Merchandising Specialist will create and execute PenguinPickUp’s strategic merchandising plan with passion and expertise to lead our company to grow further. You will be accountable for the following:
- Developing a complete strategic merchandising plan to set standard and to drive growth;
- Create, develop and retain a planogram and product offerings including seasonal and features to maximize space and sales;
- Taking a proactive approach in process improvement / developing efficiencies;
- Working with the Operations Manager to implement new policies and procedures related to Merchandising and Inventory;
- Manage inventory within the stores, prepare and maintain records of product movement;
- Identifying the right product and pricing that meet the needs of the community the customer and the business;
- Lead, train and supervise Customer Service Associates on the importance of merchandising philosophy;
- Ensuring the locations maintain a neat, clean, safe environment and meet Health and Safety requirements;
- Keep abreast of industry trends and bring forth fun and innovative solutions
- Undergraduate degree in business, hospitality management, or logistics industry.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in visual merchandising in the food, service, logistics industry delivering exceptional customer service;
- Ability to analyze the market place and make tactical decisions based on findings
- Has mastered and excelled in merchandising, inventory management and implementation of merchandising strategies and standards;
- Must excel in ability to prioritize workload;
- Excellent people skills and ability to handle issues quickly and professionally;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and must possess the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of management within the company as well as outside the organization;
- Proficient in MS Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Proactive, flexible, with strong problem-solving abilities and dedication to follow through;
- Maintain a positive attitude when faced with difficult situations;
- Enjoy working in a team environment or on your own;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
All PenguinPickUp Associates are Client Focused. We know that our customers are very busy and we strive to make our customers experience as Convenient and easy as possible. We believe that Team Work is the only way we will be able to deliver our consistent world class service at every PenguinPickUp location.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com